  • Subject: Re: AS/400 9404 Model E10
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:15:49 -0500

If everything is hooked up correctly, the only thing you would need to
press on the front panel is the power switch.
What could be wrong ?  A couple of guesses:
a) OS/400 did NOT come with the hardware back in the days of the E10.
Maybe the last thing done before it was powered down was to erase the
disks ?
b) The disks were damaged in transport and now won't power up - or some of
the cards became unseated (try reseating the cards and making sure the
cables are tightly attached).

When you press the power switch on the front panel (panel should be
displaying 01 B at that point - up/down buttons to 02, Enter, up/down to
B, Enter - and the keylock should be in the Normal position) is there ant
activity (changing codes) in the LCD display ?  Does it stop after a while
with a code displayed and the yellow ATtention light on ?

...Neil

"Brad McDaniel" <mcdawbm@mindspring.com>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
2001/01/21 21:01