The last time I looked, the session grids and session descriptions were not
posted yet.  They probably won't be for another month or more.  This is
what you need to go to your boss with, and point out all the different
opportunities for learning that COMMON offers.  If you know someone that
has attended in the past, perhaps you could borrow their conference agenda
to show your company.  I have been to 3 conferences, and am always
regretful that there are some sessions that I just can't get to.  There's
just not enough time to get to every session that you want to.
Regretfully, because of the number of people we have, I don't get to go but
every 2 or 3 years.  You can't get that kind of exposure at any other class
or conference I have ever been to.  Then there's the joy of discovering
some fascinating session that you go to, because there's not anything else
scheduled at that time.  Or going to a session on a subject that you've
always wanted to learn about 'someday', but never have the time.  Even if
you attend a subject you think you'll never use, at least you've had the
exposure, so that if it ever comes up in your company's future, at least
you won't be going in totally uninformed.   I am one of those people who do
better in a class type situation.  Reading a book or the internet is okay
for research, but to really learn something, especially something new, I
think a classroom setting is better.  Another great value is the networking
and just being in the atmosphere with people who are there to learn just
like you.  Not to mention putting a face to some of the people on this
list, and all the great speakers.  COMMON is where I heard about this list.
Now I can't do without it.

Valene M. Williamson
vwilliamson@glazers.com
972-448-8018