  • Subject: RE: DSL Firewall Question (was List turnaround speed)
  • From: "Shaw, David" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:58:56 -0500

Thanks, Carl, I didn't know that.

BTW, I downloaded and installed the free version of ZoneAlarm Saturday.  Not
bad - I had no idea I was being pinged so often when I was connected!

I also did some of the tweaks and measurements at dslreports.com.  Before I
touched anything their test showed downloads at 100 kbps and uploads at 220
kbps.  After I made their recommended changes, downloads tested out at over
1,000 kbps!  And in a real-world download test, downloading the update for
Netscape Communicator 4.76 ran at an average of 153 kbps for 11.6 megabytes.
Very nice!

Dave "gloating" Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC
---
If you would like to subscribe to the MAPICS-L mailing list send email to
MAPICS-L-SUB@midrange.com or go to www.midrange.com and follow the
instructions.