  • Subject: RE: Receiving SMTP mail using CL/RPG
  • From: "Leland, David" <dleland@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:13:56 -0500

Title: RE: Receiving SMTP mail using CL/RPG

Mike:

I have developed the beginning pieces to what you're trying to do.  Instead of using RCVDST to receive e-mail, my program checks every 5 minutes to see if any e-mail has been received in the /qtcptmm/mail/USERNAME folder (replacing USERNAME with the name of the user you want to check).  If so, it then uses the C api's to read in the file (which is the e-mail received, including any attachments which are embedded right within the e-mail).  I'm currently not doing anything with the file, but it would be a simple matter (I think) to forward it on using the QtmmSendMail API (I also have a CMD wrapper written over the QtmmSendMail API.).  If you'd like to see what I have so far, let me know.  It would be a roll-your-own approach versus a purchased package which would be full featured.

Dave