  • Subject: Re: Receiving SMTP mail using CL/RPG
  • From: "Nathan M. Andelin" <nathanma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:38:32 -0700

Mike,

I've only thought about doing something like what you're trying to do,  so
my comments may be of little value.  It sounds like the QzmfRtvMailMsg() API
will do most of what you want to accomplish.  It's described in the
Anymail/400 Mail Server Framework Developer Guide.  But, I think its going
to take a lot of work to understand the API and build an interface.

It seems that what you're trying to accomplish is something that
distinguishes an e-mail utility from an e-mail application.  There seems to
be a big difference in the amount of work involved to build a solution.  If
you're willing to spend some money, I would think that www.patownsend.com
could help.  I think Patrick Townsend has done a lot of work in this area.

Nathan M. Andelin