  • Subject: Re: Can a PF have >1 record fmt
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:09:00 -0500

That's what I thought.

Do the contents of the input record modify both FileNM_DS & FileCR_DS for each
record read, as I suspect?

So, if you want to hold the values of the header record while you're reading
all the detail records, you'd have to move the header data structure to
another data structure?  Or maybe I'd just drop the pointer business, and
movel ARBuffer to the appropriate DS?  (Would have to move DS data back to
ARBuffer before updating or adding records.)

If you modify a field in one of either the FileNM_DS or FileCR_DS data
structures, will the modified bytes show up in the other?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952