  • Subject: Re: Archives **** & other Cool stuff ***** Don't forget
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 02:54:23 EST

This is not a question, but a welcome reminder to some of our newcomers.

Some of the newer sign ups joining our community might not be aware of some
cool stuff that supports this discussion group & for the longer time
participants you might want to check back to http://www.midrange.com
occasionally since the site gets occasional face lifts & lots of new goodies.

http://archive.midrange.com
Copies of past postings are here in which the e-mail addresses of the
participants have been stripped away to protect us from spam miners, and we
can do a search of a particular list, or search ALL, for some topic that has
come up in past discussions, or just recurring seasonal hot topics like year
end hassles, deciphering ERP costs

http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/index.htm
or you can go direct to the archives of a particular group

http://www.midrange.com/liststats.htm
Here are statistics on how many people are involved in the various discussion
lists.

http://test.midrange.com
David is working on a major new version of how the site works, now hosted by
AS/400, & wants people to check it out & let him know if there are any
problems to fix that he might have overlooked.

Send an e-mail, not to this discussion list, but to
MAJORDOMO@midrange.com
the subject does not matter
in the body put the word
help
nothing else

You get back a message text listing all the commands you can send to
MAJORDOMO, and what they mean, like a mini-manual

if you put the word "end" on a line after the commands, that prevents it from
treating your sig like it is a set of commands, thus

help
end

Suppose you misplaced the introduction that you get when you first sign up
for a list & now your e-mail address is changing & you want to see how to end
the subscription to the old address & move it to the new address, you can get
another copy of those instructions via

intro bpcs-l
end

or whatever the list is you want the instructions again for

We can do things like get at statistics on the traffic in our list like the
following:

Mail Traffic Report for list 'midrange-l' for Sun Jan  7 17:45:01 2001
 Report interval: Since Fri Dec  8 00:00:01 2000 (30 days)
     Oldest post: Thu Apr  1 00:04:52 1999
Most recent post: Sun Jan  7 13:10:08 2001
     Total posts: 1103
Report threshold:

Top 10 Posters (representing 28.6% of the total traffic)
55 (5.0%)  "Leif Svalgaard"
54 (4.9%)  "Neil Palmer"
45 (4.1%)  Yours Truely
41 (3.7%)  Chuck Lewis
31 (2.8%)  "Al Barsa, Jr."
20 (1.8%)  Chris Bipes
19 (1.7%)  Douglas Handy
17 (1.5%)  Simone Pacciarini
17 (1.5%)  Sean Porterfield
17 (1.5%)  D.BALE

Top 10 Subjects (representing 17.4% of the total traffic)
22 (2.0%)  Password Validation API
21 (1.9%)  frontpage extentions....
21 (1.9%)  *** ADMIN: Beta testers wanted
20 (1.8%)  FTP connect
19 (1.7%)  T-1 Question...
19 (1.7%)  Days Used count
18 (1.6%)  accessing the records in a history file
18 (1.6%)  Entire RAID set non-reporting
18 (1.6%)  Help with Date Last Used Reporting...
16 (1.5%)  IFS

Distribution of posts by day    (scale is 1.7 '*'s per post)
1103 posts   1 posts/day min   101 posts/day max   36.8 posts/day avg
Jan  7 (  6)|****
Jan  6 ( 26)|***************
Jan  5 ( 96)|********************************************************
Jan  4 (101)|***********************************************************
Jan  3 ( 86)|**************************************************
Jan  2 ( 79)|**********************************************
Jan  1 (  8)|*****
Dec 31 ( 10)|******
Dec 30 (  7)|****
Dec 29 ( 28)|****************
Dec 28 ( 34)|********************
Dec 27 ( 26)|***************
Dec 26 ( 36)|*********************
Dec 25 (  1)|*
Dec 24 (  2)|*
Dec 23 ( 11)|******
Dec 22 ( 63)|*************************************
Dec 21 ( 81)|***********************************************
Dec 20 ( 91)|*****************************************************
Dec 19 ( 52)|******************************
Dec 18 ( 66)|***************************************
Dec 17 (  6)|****
Dec 16 (  1)|*
Dec 15 (  8)|*****
Dec 14 (  7)|****
Dec 13 ( 24)|**************
Dec 12 ( 49)|*****************************
Dec 11 ( 52)|******************************
Dec 10 (  9)|*****
Dec  9 (  4)|**
Dec  8 ( 33)|*******************

Mail Traffic Report for list 'bpcs-l' for Sun Jan  7 17:45:07 2001
 Report interval: Since Fri Dec  8 00:00:01 2000 (30 days)
     Oldest post: Fri Dec  8 07:12:13 2000
Most recent post: Sat Jan  6 21:55:07 2001
     Total posts: 94
Report threshold:

Top 10 Posters (representing 46.8% of the total traffic)
12 (12.8%)  Yours Truely
 6 ( 6.4%)  "oludare"
 5 ( 5.3%)  "Rob Stagis"
 5 ( 5.3%)  "Genyphyr Novak"
 3 ( 3.2%)  "naomiruben"
 3 ( 3.2%)  Michael Ozanne
 3 ( 3.2%)  "Chick Doe"
 3 ( 3.2%)  David Gibbs
 2 ( 2.1%)  "Savoy, Gregg"
 2 ( 2.1%)  "Jessie Supe"

Top 10 Subjects (representing 55.3% of the total traffic)
11 (11.7%)  RGZPFM & RCLSTG
 9 ( 9.6%)  BPCS CONVERSION OR NEW INSTALL
 7 ( 7.4%)  Order Number Field Size
 5 ( 5.3%)  System Performance
 4 ( 4.3%)  Multi Level Shop Order
 4 ( 4.3%)  how to change the device name for SNA client..
 3 ( 3.2%)  dcServ
 3 ( 3.2%)  Webcast Invitation for Lean Manufacturing
 3 ( 3.2%)  unapplied cash
 3 ( 3.2%)  BPCS- Adopted Authority

Distribution of posts by day    (scale is 1.0 '*'s per post)
94 posts   1 posts/day min   14 posts/day max   3.1 posts/day avg
Jan  6 ( 4)|****
Jan  5 ( 1)|*
Jan  4 ( 2)|**
Jan  3 ( 3)|***