  • Subject: RE: Entire RAID set non-reporting
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:09:25 -0500

With your report that reseating the 6502 altered the symptoms, it does
sound like a hardware as opposed to PTF problem.
No, I wouldn't continue with the IPL with missing disks.
If you're feeling adventurous, you might want to try taking the LIC (1st)
V4R5 CD and doing a MANUAL IPL (select D M), and going into DST to see if
the disks are still missing.
I have to ask the obvious question - I guess this system has no hardware
maintenance contract ?

Not that it sounds like a system password problem now, but there were
problems where a system would incorrectly require a system password after
it had been unpowered for a while. Still I presume yours was just powered
down, you didn't actually disconnect the power to the system.

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

Douglas Handy <dhandy1@bellsouth.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com