  • Subject: Re: Entire RAID set non-reporting
  • From: KirkG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:00:57 -0800

The 3110 says Interface error. The drive address is for slot K1, but this
can also mean that the system thinks nobody is there.

Let's try the reverse of 1 drive out and pull all but K1, IPL to DST and
see what happens.

The manual you want is the Problem Analyst, Repair and Parts SY44-5956.
These guys used to be $500 to $750. IBM is now providing these on CD with
each new machine instead of hardcopy. Files are now in PDF with a HTML
front end. The PDF for this manual is about 10mb.

---------------------------------
Kirk Goins
IBM Certified AS/400 Technical Solutions
DataMirror High Availability Certified
Pacific Information Systems - An IBM Premier Business Partner
503-674-2985             kirkg@pacinfosys.com
"WE KNOW TECHNOLOGY"

Douglas Handy <dhandy1@bellsouth.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com