I would suggest going to a store that has at least two PC's, one that works
OK, one that doesn't.  Physically swap the PC (and the PC only, leave the
monitor, mouse, keybd, printer, cables etc.).  If the problem moves with the
PC, simply use ghost to create an image of the working PC, and restore it
onto the PC that is faulty.  Now see if the PC continues to fault, now that
it is known to be identical to a working PC, bar the hardware.

Dwayne Lindner
Senior Analyst - Data Centre
Wesfarmers Rural Division
184 Railway Parade, Bassendean WA 6054