  • Subject: Re: QSYS objects on a full system save
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:53:12 -0500

Adam,

I wouldn't expect any problems if there was a missing or damaged system object in QSYS when you do a release upgrade.  System objects will be replaced with those from the release upgrade anyway.
As to whether you should reinstall the current release for this damaged object, I guess it comes down to what this object is and are you missing any function you use (OS/400 is so big the object could very well be one you would never use).  If it isn't something you use (and I would guess it can't be important as you are running your system), then the fact your SAVSYS is missing it should be of little concern.

How do you know the SAVSYS is missing an object - have you looked through the joblog from a SAVSYS ?

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   AS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Cell.:(416) 565-1682 x303   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

Neil,

Thankyou. I wasn't planning a RSTOBJ for a damaged system object, I just knew
the SAVSYS that runs at the beginning of a full system save was skipping an
object in QSYS and I ws trying to find out what. I'm planning to upgrade to V4R4
in the next few weeks anyway. Would you think it wise to reinstall V4R3 first
and make sure there is at least a decent SAVSYS of this level? Am I likely to
run into problems with the upgrade if I have a damaged system object?

Thanks

Adam Driver
Star City
Sydney, Australia