  • Subject: Re: IBM AS400 Model 2130 Server
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:17:00 -0500

Booth, it was my understanding from earlier posts that, unlike the OS, the
LPPs do NOT transfer with the sale of a V4 AS/400.  Could make the "cheap"
AS/400 expensive in a hurry.

I wonder how big of a market is out there that include people like myself who
would like to have an AS/400 to work with in my own home - not running a
business, but for learning, tinkering, developing that killer utility app <g>.
 What are the chances of convincing IBM to let the LPPs transfer on the
smaller models when the AS/400 hardware is sold to a non-business entity?  Why
did IBM decide to allow the OS to transfer, but not the LPPs?

Yes, I am aware of the timeshare deals out there; I'm still hemming & hawing.
Would still like to have my own box.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company