  • Subject: RE: Configuring Lexmark Printer for IP
  • From: Quazy <quazy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:10:07 -0600

If it is a Optra S, I would Highly recomend not setting them up as devices.
We had major problems with these as devices, but we checked with Lexmark
and they don't suggest useing them as devices.

Here is the actual command I use to create mine

  CRTOUTQ    OUTQ(QUSRSYS/&PRTR) RMTSYS(&DNS) +
               RMTPRTQ('/prt0') AUTOSTRWTR(1) +
               MSGQ(PRTMSG) CNNTYPE(*IP) +
               DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*LEXOPTRAS) +
               DESTOPT('XAUTOQ XAIX') TEXT('lexmark +
               optra s remote output')