From: Quazy [mailto:quazy@SoftHome.net]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 11:10 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: AS/400 size guess

I have a 720 with processor 2063 feature1504  with 2GB memory.

I am looking to get a fail over machine, I want to get the smallest machine
that will handle the normal workload of just my mission critical
application.

My CPU averages at only about 15% to maybe 20% and basically almost no
pageing, when I have just this application running.

I am looking for a machine that could handle this for a realatively short
period of time, say 12 to 24 hours. It could be running at 90 - 100% CPU.
It would need to have the ability to have about 350 interactive devices
attached, and would need basically no batch processing during the fail over.

Does anyone have a guess at what size of a machine that this would take to
run on?

Chris

david@midrange.com