  • Subject: RE: Use of certificates in the AS400 environment
  • From: Tim McCarthy <timm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:50:39 -0500

Our EDI/IP product supports S/MIME for which we wrote our own
certificate management process. I looked at DCM and the API's but
they're really just for client certificate management and really not
that useful at that. If all you're looking to get is a public key for a
profile then it might work for you but the hashing and crypto services
you'll have to provide yourself. If you're looking to get the server
private key for signing then good luck. Unless newer versions now offer
this, I found the only way to get this was to export it to a PBE file
and decrypt the formatted output (PEM I believe).

TrailBlazer Systems, Inc.
http://www.as400ftp.com
AS/400 Communications & E-Commerce Solutions

Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.