  • Subject: RE: Error CPA3311 when using CPYSPLF
  • From: "York, Albert" <albert.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:54:52 -0800

I thought of that but, unfortunately, the job name in the message data is
the name of the job that produced the spool file, not the current job. In
this case they are different. That means I would have to use the CHGRPYLE
command before every CPYSPLF command. I decided it would be just as easy to
use the CHGJOB command and specify INQMSGRPY(*DFT) instead. That way, my job
is protected against unintended consequences caused by other reply list
entries.

To my mind, the system reply list is too generic. When you change your job
to use the system reply list it applies to all of the entries. This can
cause problems if you don't have total control over the contents of the
system reply list. What I would like is a 'job reply list' or a way of
saying that specific system reply list entries only apply to this job (or
this user) and to  only use those entries when running this job. Perhaps
allowing multiple reply lists with different names instead of just one.

Albert York