Anyone hosted a web site using IDSL?

  • Subject: Anyone hosted a web site using IDSL?
  • From: "Nathan M. Andelin" <nathanma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:46:54 -0700

fixed

I'm just about ready to connect my AS/400 to the Internet to host a small
business web site.  But, my neighborhood is too far from the phone company's
central office to qualify for SDSL.  They can offer me a new service called
IDSL.  Its a dedicated, all digital, static IP connection based on ISDN
technology with speeds up to 144 kbps in both directions.

The line charge is $70 per month.  The ISP charge is $18 per month.  You
must also buy a $400 router that has basic firewall features.  Also, a $250
set up fee.

Has anyone had any experience with IDSL?  Is 144 kbps too slow?  Are there
any other moderate cost options available?

+---