• Subject: Re: UUID's
  • From: "Leif Svalgaard" <leif@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:49:50 -0600

> I don't have access to any MI documentation. Do you have a procedure
> prototype for this instruction? Or even a parameter list that I can use to
> get started?

the operand to GENUUID is a space pointer pointing to
the following structure:

DCL DD template CHAR(32) BDRY(16);
    DCL DD bytes-provided           BIN(4) DEF(template) POS(1);
    DCL DD bytes-returned            BIN(4) DEF(template) POS(5);
    DCL DD reserved                    CHAR(8) DEF(template) POS(9);
    DCL DD UUID                        CHAR(16) DEF(template) POS(17);