  • Subject: RE: RE: Re(2): HTTP server Configuration
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:43:13 -0600

I want people to argue.  It doesn't matter that I wrote a book.  I didn't
write the book so people wouldn't question me, I wrote it so they would.
Writers aren't any smarter than anyone else.  Remember that, each and every
one of you.  We're all gurus.  Some just have time to put it onto paper, or
in most cases, research/quote the IBM manuals.  ;)

I agree CGI got a bad rap.  I also think that Net.Data gets off too easy.
Sure, it's very easy to get a simple Net.Data script going.  But, what they
don't tell you is that to do anything involved, well, it's not goingn to be
easy at all.  Which is why now IBM is saying to use Net.Data for the
presentation and to call RPG programs from Net.Data to process.  Makes
sense, but I say just use RPG.  :)

As for the Map, I see what you're saying.  But These two sets of directives
do the same thing...

Map /yourpages/* /Intranet/HTML/yourpages/*
Pass /Intranet/HTML/yourpages/*

is the same as

Pass /yourpages/* /Intranet/HTML/yourpages/*

That is what I meant.  Why use two directives when you can use one.  :)

Brad