  • Subject: Re: 5394 and V.35 lines
  • From: bdietz@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 07:43:26 -0500

Lou,  Just in case you need a microcode update it can be downloaded.

http://www.networking.ibm.com/support/code.nsf/5394code?OpenView

Bryan Dietz

                    "Lou Schmaus"

                    <lschmaus@home.com>        To:
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-midrange-l@mi        Subject:     Re: 5394 and V.35
lines
                    drange.com

                    11/01/2000 10:36 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Larry,

As near as I can tell, the line is actually 56K. At least, that's what the
CSU/DSU's show on their display. And since they recently disconnected the
SNA server(they couldn't get printing to work right, that's what started
this whole mess), I can assume it is really a 56K line. The CSU/DSU's have
both a V.35 and an RS232 interface on the rear, so I may need to get into
the config there and tell it which interface I'm plugging the cable into.

A previous post got me into a Supportline Tech document for the 5394, and I
need to have a serial # over 55000, and maybe an updated microcode
diskette.

Unfortunately, the AS/400 itself is in the office of the client's software
vendor, and their tech guys haven't gone out of their way to be available
in
working with me on the config. I think maybe someone's toes got stepped on
when I was asked to help out on this.

Thanks for the info. This list has once again proven to be my best resource
for problem solving. I got two responses with most of the info I needed
less
than an hour after my original post.

Thanks again,

Lou Schmaus