Hi Antonio -

>But the main point is, we want to provedi some kind of documentation of
what
>files is each query using, for the purpose of predicting which queries need
to be
>recreated/changed when we alter the design of a given file... So we need to
>gather all queries use of input/output files, and be able to update this
data,
>say at night, in an automatic and easy way... and I thought the API could
do it.

The RTVQMQRY method will allow you to get information about what files are
being used for INPUT, however there does not seem to be any straight-forward
method of finding what files are used for OUTPUT.

Here is the result of running RTVQMQRY against a query that uses three files
for input:

H QM4 05 Q 01 E V W E R 01 03 00/10/27 09:32

V 1001 050 *OD  A/R balancing - cash batches

V 5001 004 *HEX

SELECT

  ALL       T02.BHCO, BCCUST/100000 AS COMP, T01.DATYMD, T01.DATMDY,
T02.BHTYPE
,           T02.BHBAT#, (T03.BCAMNT), (T03.BCOPEN)

  FROM      WSFILE002/DBSDATE T01,

            WSFILE002/BCHR T02,

            WSFILE002/BCCK T03

  WHERE     DATLOG = BHPODT

    AND     BHBAT# = BCBAT#

    AND(    DATYMD = 1001019

    AND     BHCO = 02

    AND     BHSTAT = 'P')

  ORDER BY  001 ASC, 002 ASC, 003 ASC, 005 ASC, 006 ASC

As you can see, it would be pretty simple to parse out what files are used.

Ken
Southern Wine and Spirits of Nevada, Inc.
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of
my employer or anyone in their right mind.