  • Subject: RE: Netserver, printers and NT domains
  • From: Chris Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:42:57 -0700

Configure Netserver with a guest user id.  "Net Share" I used.  The profile
has no password, no initial program and initial menu of *Signoff.  I give
this profile authority to the printer and other Public shares.  Works great.
Also check to see if both AS400s are in the same subnet.  Perhaps your PC is
in multiple or a more open subnet than the other PC's.

Christopher K. Bipes    mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst  mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.        http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive   Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928  Fax: 707 586-1884

If consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, only geniuses work here.
Karen Herbelin - Readers Digest 3/2000