  • Subject: Re: Okay to change QAUTOVRT to zero?
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:25:14 -0500

ONE caveat to this...

At my last job (2 1/2 years ago and running on V3R7) using Client Access to
connect
PC's, with QAUTOVRT set to 0, the system would STILL create these devices !!!

So do a test and make SURE you are OK !

I just did that on our box (V4R1) connecting via TCP/IP and running Synapse
Netwolf
and it does NOT work (i.e. no device created and CPF87D7 (Cannot automatically
select virtual device.) message logged to QSYSOPR.

Chuck