  • Subject: Re: Synon/2E
  • From: Kaynor@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:43:36 EDT

Ale,
Why do you want a book?  Are the 2e manuals and tutorial coming up short for
you?  There is good technical help available online at
http://cool2.sterling.com/support/plex2e/2e/  (this site is in transition
from Sterling to Computer Associates).

The "Synposium" is very analogous to this Midrange-L list.   Here is one
suggestion for a book from the archives of that site:

"If you would like to purchase a very good 2E reference book, contact Gary
Stewart of MasterCraft Technologies Group.  He has a series titled 'SYNON
Made Simple'.  The books are written in a plain, easy to read format. They
are by far the best that I have come across, and are relatively inexpensive.
Gary can be reached at (770) 517-6752. His e-mail is: mstrcrfttg@aol.com. "

John,
That's a low-blow!  Lansa is doing better right now at connecting legacy apps
to the web (and is trying to capitalize on that advantage),  but COOL:2e is a
very effective tool, and its future has brightened with its purchase by CA, I
believe.  Here is CA's "product roadmap" document:
http://www.cai.com/sterling/roadmaps/cool_products_roadmap.pdf

--Chapin Kaynor
   Vermont