  • Subject: RE: different domains in the same subnet ?
  • From: "Valentin Petrov" <vpetrov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:36:39 -0400

I did not mean rout emails to the final recipient (client) ?  I know that the
email clients RETRIEVE their email from the server.
I don?t like the scenario ? when there is not differentiation in between
domains associated with different IP addresses.
I don?t want emails sent to myname@someone.com to be routed to the email box
myname@something.com.
That?s why I want 2 different IP addresses and to have entries in the host
table:

11.22.33.44 ? someone.com
and
11.22.33.45 ? something.com
and if they are in the same subnet ? I was wondering if I am going to have any
conflicts.

Looks like I wont.

Question: Do you call that they are 2 mail servers, if I have 2 IP addresses on
the same machine used for emails? (2 interfaces on AS400)

Appreciate your comments !

Valentin