  • Subject: Subject: Re: Wanna get REALLY pissed off ?
  • From: Terry@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:33:37 GMT

As someone who has worked in both environments, I would have to say that
Oracle really isn't anywhere near as reliable as the AS/400.  We actually
scrapped much of the Oracle stuff and ported many applications back to the
AS/400.

One could also take the amount you would spend on an Oracle DBA, (since the
'400 doesn't need someone babysitting it like Oracle does) upgrade to the
next larger '400 and get performance Oracle people can only dream about.

Terry Richardson
Vermont Information Processing, Inc.
terry@vtinfo.com

                    owner-midrange-l-digest@mi

                    drange.com (MIDRANGE-L            To:
midrange-l-digest@midrange.com
                    Digest)                           cc:

                    Sent by:                          Subject:     MIDRANGE-L
Digest V3 #767
                    owner-midrange-l-digest@mi

                    drange.com

                    10/10/00 03:45 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

MIDRANGE-L Digest      Tuesday, October 10 2000      Volume 03 : Number 767

This is the Midrange System Digest Mailing List!
To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
To unsubscribe from this list send email to
MIDRANGE-L-DIGEST-UNSUB@midrange.com.

*** DO NOT QUOTE THIS ENTIRE DIGEST WHEN REPLYING ***

Topics covered in this issue...

RE: SNA OVER TCP/IP
publication ordering
Re: Connect to Microsoft SQL Server