  • Subject: Re: Need HELP WITH NULL HANDLING IN SQLRPGLE ---
  • From: "Donna Bryant" <peeksoft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:03:18 -0400

What about using indicator variables?  If you use an indicator variable,
you will not get a negative SQLCOD.  Instead the indicator variable will
have the value -2 if the result is null.

0013.00 DInd_DS            DS
0014.00 D LREGSQI                        2B  0 INZ(0)
0015.00 D LMBRIDI                          2B  0 INZ(0)
< SN I P >
0026.00 D LDTCRTI                         2B  0 INZ(0)
0027.00 D LMBRAMI                       2B   0 INZ(0)

 or
DInd_DS                DS
    INDS                                         4B  0  DIM(n),   where n=
the number of columns

EXEC SQL FETCH  C1 INTO :HostRec :Ind_DS

Donna Bryant, CCP
Peek Software Services, Inc