  • Subject: Re: FTP Client Problem.
  • From: neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:02:13 -0400

Oops - sorry.

Check the FTP help for DEBUG.  This works when FTP server is another 400 - not
sure if it works for a Unix server.

 DEBUG (To change the client time-out limit values)

     This special debug option is provided to enable users to change the
     client time-out limits when the default time-out values are not long
     enough for a data transfer to complete successfully.  Changing these
     values should be necessary only in situations where network traffic
     or other conditions cause transfer times to become very large.

     FTP client time-out values may be changed using the Debug subcommand
     as follows:

     DEBug    T1 | T2    [ value ]

     T1          When the first parameter is set to T1, it specifies that
                 the FTP client time-out limit for reading server replies
                 should be changed or displayed.

                 If the FTP client does not return an expected server
                 reply within this time limit, the client will close the
                 control connection to the server.

     T2          When the first parameter is set to T2, it specifies that
                 the FTP client time-out limit used while transferring
                 data should be changed or displayed.

                 If the FTP client does not receive an expected data
                connection response within this time limit, the client
                will close the data connection to the server.

    value       The time-out limit in seconds.  This value must be a
                positive number greater than zero.  When this parameter
                is omitted, the current value of the time-out limit is
                displayed.

    For example,

           DEBUG  T1 900

    sets the client time-out value for server replies to 900 seconds.

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Markham,  Ontario,   Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 474-4890  x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 474-4898          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400e  The Ultimate Business Machine

tkennedy@harcourt.com@midrange.com on 2000/09/29 07:51:34

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com