Hi Roger,

The ability of 4224's to handle IPDS data streams is dependent on the
internal memory available in the printer. Changing the Advanced Function
Printing parameter from *NO to *YES will also require the printer to be able
to handle a more complex data stream which again will require a certain
amount of onboard memory. From your description of what happened, it sounds
like the target printer might have been just a little short of the memory
required to handle an AFP *YES data stream.

You definitely can set the forms length from the host. When using AFP *YES,
you will need to create a PSF Configuration Object in order to enable the
Page Size Control parameter.

Let me know off list if you need further information about creating a PSF
Configuration Object.

Best Regards,

/Paul

Paul Tykodi