  • Subject: RE: HELP!! FTP has a major glitch!!!
  • From: tkennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:06:36 -0400

Gary,

Thanks for your reply.

The Process is using the AS/400 FTP client to put a file on a unix server over a
VPN.  Every once in a while the connection is lost between the server and the
client.  When this happens the AS/400 FTP client hangs for 600 seconds.... while
this session is hanging... no other users can access the web site.

This only happens with AS/400 FTP client.... I tried countless others and each
one allows you to set the time-out value at the client level.

My question is --> Is there a equivalent command for the AS/400 FTP client?

Thanks,

Tom Kennedy

"Gary R. Patterson" <midrange-l@nexsource.com> on 09/22/2000 01:21:12 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com