  • Subject: Re: Sending ESC codes to a HP5 printer
  • From: "Gary Kuznitz " <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:32:33 -0700

Hi Bill,

I'd like to thank you immensely for pointing me to the  Midrange
Computing magazine Feb/95.  It made it very clear on how to select all
the fonts in the printer.  I found an error in the program example.
If anyone is interested in the details I'd be happy supply it.  I'm
surprised no one has fixed it since '95.

I'd like to take you up on your offer to post an example if it's still
open.  I'm trying to include an overlay and I can't seem to figure out
the correct PCL codes to do it.  Using PCL codes in RPG I have found
only works if you specify *SCS on the override. (which allows me to
select any font in the printer very easily)  I can select an overlay
just fine if I specify *AFPDS in the override but then the PCL codes
to select different fonts don't work.

Thanks,

Gary Kuznitz