  • Subject: Re: Was RE: Journaling - Now how to find who read
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:09:27 EDT

markallen@kellyskids.com writes:

> Method for ensuring consistent Customer Service.

We got (from 3rd party vendor) a system for tracking changes to BPCS Customer
Orders.  The issue more internal concern ... were the customer orders changed
in a timely manner ... was production control notified in a timely fashion of
changes "inside lead time window" ... when was the last time the price was
changed.  But it also means we can look at a history of the fluctuations on a
particular customer number or particular part or order on that customer.

We have developed Customer Teams ... every customer has a consistent person
assigned to handle primary contact with them on a spectrum of topics ...
engineering changes, quality issues ... across the board ... if the primary
person not available when customer calls in, the primary person is to be
briefed ASAP regarding the nature of the call.  Think of a chart file of all
the reasons for contact with customers & a person designated as the primary
person for that type of reason.

We have a standard narrative report form for reporting contact with
customers, which is filed by customer.  In addition to what goes into the
computer, there is original customer order document & on it is noted various
control numbers from the computer.  There are also QC records, but I wonder
about this being at fingertips of someone handling the next customer call.

On our web site, under development, customer can key in THEIR PART # & get
when was the last time we shipped it & what is the current revision #.

Customers contact us by different means & with different needs.  I think
flexibility is important ... some communicate engineering changes 100% via
e-mail, some use fax, some prefer personal touch.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
MIS Manager Green Screen Programmer & Computer Janitor of BPCS 405 CD Rel-02
running on AS/400 V4R3 http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies