  • Subject: Running a Backup to Concurrent Tapes
  • From: "Law, Tom" <actlaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 23:33:20 -0500

Management wants us to send copies of our daily and weekly  backup tapes to
a Storage Vendor located next to our Disaster Recovery Center in Chicago.  I
have a problem with this as we are a lights out operation and I do not want
to manually DUP the tapes.  We have to do this for 7 AS400's. Two at 3.2 and
5 at 4.4 all using different tape media (3590, 3570, 3490).

What I would like to do is output to 2 tapes concurrently for each Backup.
We could do this on the Mainframe but I can not find a way to do this on an
AS/400.  Does anyone know of a way?

Note:
We are a 24 x 7 shop.
The backup window is very small and I can not run a backup twice.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thomas A. Law Jr.

Sr. Systems Programmer