  • Subject: RE: Who has a big QTEMP?
  • From: "Ingram, Terry (USE)" <Terry.Ingram@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:37:23 -0400

We are running V4R4.

We don't bring down the interactive subsystem down.  The box used to be in
Hollywood and they did bring down the interactive subsystem during
end-of-day processing.  They don't do that now that it is in Florida.
That's interesting.  Also, they just implemented a job timeout of 60 mins.
I thought that would take care of any interactive jobs using space.

We don't have the PTF's SF63446 or SF62590 and can't wait to hear Jim
Knight's results.

Unfortunately, I've been here 2 months and don't know how everyone uses the
AS/400 yet.  I know there is some use of ODBC, but not sure how much.

Where is this "max uses" parm?  I don't recall ever running into that one?

Thanks everyone for the info.  After I read about those PTF's, I'll be
passing it along to the powers that be.