  • Subject: RE: Does Old=Bad?
  • From: "Jill Gallagher" <jmg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:41:41 -0400

Amen!

<snip>

I say no, not me!  I know what my AS/400 is capable of and I'm going to continue using RPG, RPG/400, RPGIV, RPGIV ILE, and now e-RPG.  It works, I understand it, it IS upward compatible and now that I can write CGI programs with it and access and update from a web browser, why would I want to move to platforms that are just "wanna be" AS/400s and crash on occasion?  It just doesn't make sense, or business sense.  If I can continue to use what I already have, and mix it with HTML, Java, and/or JavaScript and save my company money, then....WHAT THE HECK MAN!

Enough said........    :-)

<snip>