  • Subject: Re: State of the Midrange
  • From: booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:40:17 GMT

This is the one that freaks me out.  The management won't send their
talent that knows the company's business rules to training schools, won't
do a little research & development in their own facility, won't take a
flyer on trying some cgi RPG or Visual RPG or ASNA Visual, or Java.  The
management will complain bitterly about IBM pricing, subscription fees,
and upgrade costs.   And then proudly announce a change to a brand new
untested platform with all new terms, new rules, and needing entirely new
skill sets.  Almost invariably there will be an accompanying comment about
how lucky they were to get it for only...(some ridiculous figure that is
10 times any previous budget numbers the company has ever used).

Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com

nina jones <ddi@datadesigninc.com>