  • Subject: Re: V4R5 Frustration
  • From: "MDC Information Systems" <mdcis@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:09:26 +0100

Art,

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what we did and here we are a week later and I'm doing
another scratch install to try and get the 270 back to it's delivered state
(i.e. I've screwed up the system with my various RSTLIBs & it keeps falling
over with missing exit points & unmonitored messages and MCH3601s in QSYS).
Definite shades of NT.

Good news is our 4.5 CDs shipped so we can take John Hall's advice and
upgrade a rented 170 to 4.5 and go from there. I wonder will IBM cover the
rental fees? (We will probably be in breech of our licence agreement if we
do this as we didn't know in advance to order Feature Code #0205 which among
other things grants a licence to load 4.5 on the old box for 70 days!)

Thanks for all the input everyone, esp Al Barsa who comments have kept me
sane and also help explain what's happening.

I will keep you posted on progress.

Mike Dunnion
MDC