  • Subject: RE: Generating PC file formats from AS/400 data
  • From: Jamie Coles <jcoles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:50:51 +0100

Mark,

If you'll excuse me punting my old employers - have you thought of using
the ASNA solution where you can take data off the 400 to the PC (or NT
Server) in their database called Acceler8DB.  You can then use one of a
number of OCX's to convert into an Excel format.

It needs a bit of programming (can't you tell I'm not technical!!) on the
PC, but this can be done in VB or C - you don't need to use their Visual
RPG.
All the user has to do is hit a button and all the data download and
transfer into Excel can be done under the covers.

Jamie Coles
Jcoles@origsoft.com