  • Subject: RE: AS/400 Database File to IFS CSV Format
  • From: booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 01:31:08 GMT

In similar circumstances I've chosen to define a physical file with the
fields as alpha fields (even if they are numeric) and I define the csv
fields right in to it with the default values of '","' and '"' as needed.

The advantage is that numeric fields can be sent to the physical file with
a left side minus sign and the decimal point included.  Then, a simple FTP
or e-mail of the file finishes the job.

Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com