  • Subject: Re: file access problem.....
  • From: "Doug Holmes" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:43:26 -0400

Hi,

You're right that you can add more than one record with the same key because
it's non-unique.

But, using CHAIN to access your file, you will always get the first record
added because it's
relative record number is lower - records in a keyed physical file are "sorted"
by the relative
record number within each key value.  We've encountered this at our shop and
are having to find
ways around it to get at the subsequent records (e.g. adding logicals with
another key field which
makes it unique, CHAIN/SETLL's and READ's, etc.)

Hope this helps.
Doug