we also here that GM is giving up Oldsmobile and/or Pontiac but it never
happens.  It may happen, but why cut off channels that are bringing in
revenues?

_______________________
Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com
_______________________

Don <dr2@cssas400.com>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
08/01/2000 11:12 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L

        To:     jpcarr@TREDEGAR.COM
        cc:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
        Subject:        Re: COMMON

I'd heard this a while ago but was sitting on it....ALso, keep in mind
that this was the statement of direction back in San Antonio...2
conferences ago...or was it 3?  Back when Anne Lucas brought Gerstner to
Common...when the auditorium was stuffed IBM'ers so that it would look
super full...:)

I'm also hearing alot of reasons as to why...but I'm not sure that the
final product naming structures have been anounced...I'm hearing
everything from netfinity/400, netfinity/db2 servers, to (name to be
determined)....

Also, is it my imagination or is the term "AS/400" NOT mentioned
*ANYWHERE* on Common's webber?

Frankly, I think Lou should get out now...I don't think that he's going to
see his stock prices go substancially higher in the near future...

My guess is that the announcement will come before Common and that
Soundoff will be either poorly attended due to lack of caring or will be
fairly hot...in either case, it doesn't matter as Jarosh/etal won't be
able to do more than they've done already....

Also, it will be interesting to see what Common does to restructure around
the new product line nomenchature...:)

Don in DC

---------

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.