  • Subject: Re: IBM - Get with it.
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:15:33 +0100

John !

I couldn't AGREE more and after seeing the deal in eWeek (formerly PC Week) on
the Openhack challenge I emailed the "lead" on it Henry Baltazar
(baltazar@ziffdavis.com) with the following:

Hi Henry !

I am enjoying following the OpenHack project; amazing insight can be gathered,
eh
? <BG>

I was just wondering about the choices of servers. Agree with the first three,
but why not a fourth based on IBM's AS/400 and associated software products ?

Regards,

Chuck Lewis
Manager of I.T.
Lee Supply Corp.
Indianapolis, IN.

And PROMPTLY got the FOLLOWING back !!

Hi Chuck

We actually tried to get in an AS/400 and a RS/6000 box from IBM, be we just
couldn't get the hardware in time.  We will try to implement those servers next
time around.

thanks for the comments

Henry Baltazar

I am also quoted in the current addition of Computerworld on ASP plans
(7/24/2000
page 16) and as I read it today I realized that I had REALLY screwed up a ROYAL
chance to slip the AS/400 in !!!

Chuck