  • Subject: Re: Client Access Problem (CAWIN) pls help
  • From: Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:12:02 +0200

Hi all,

to clarify my problem (sorry for the length ...) :

there are several Client Access versions, I use the name of the licpgm
description to seperate among them:

5763 XA1  -> family code (no windows)
5763 XB1 / XC1 / XF1 / XG1 the code for dos/win 3.x and os/2

this was replaced by XY1 family code for the non-windows parts
and by XW1 family code for the windows part.

Now with V4R4 and up we have two options on Win9x and NT platforms:

Client Access for Win9x and NT alias 5769XD1 which is still at
code level V3R2M0 (I call this CAWIN)

and the more recent development called Client Access Express
which has program number 5769XE1 (I call this one CAWIN Express)

Now I come to my problem in detail:
It is only possible to enter the license info to use the licensed
components if you got one of the family codes installed on that
machine (wrklicinf).
Furthermore, if you got a network of more than one AS/400s, you
shall be able (in theory) to name a managing system, which answers
the license requests of the CAWIN clients centrally.

As I understand it, all you need at the remote sites is the XD1 licpgm
if you want to run CAWIN at that site, for instance.
As there is no license info on the remote machine, license requests of
the clients should go to the central machine and release that session.
BUT: Although I define my big AS/400 machine with all components of
XW1 XD1 and XE1 on it as managing system, no license is given to the
remote clients, all I get is a CWBLM0017 error (at the pc), saying no
license was found. There is no qsysopr msg, neither on the remote
AS/400 nor on the central machine. We are on V4R3 / Cum PTF C099243.

What type of connection between the system do I need to get the
conversation going ? PASTHR is working fine ...
Is there a server-job which I am missing to start ?
Do I need the family code to have some kind of demon on the host-sides ?

I have been searching the APARS list, but the CWBLM0017 error has been
reported on the old days of V3R2 and V3R7 and has been solved by some
PTFs which I think will be almost certainly included in the newer code.

Any help is highly appreciated, Philipp Rusch