Title: RE: Ready to scrap an AS/400

Ok everybody knows that AS400 is reliable and who doesn't is maybe running a bad config or junk programs on it, or simply haven't try one of these jewels.  Anybody heard about this rumor about microsoft has switched 23 as400 servers to about a thousand of NTs and finally got back to a ressource provider that surprisingly had 23 AS400 ?

For me it has no sense to go off the AS400, but some part of the market just won't make the move, I understand them, and I will serve them, but they surely don't know what they're missing !!!

So my opinion on this case is : Talk to the people of Lotus, or the ones that sold you the applications, and then start questionning about your usage of the AS400.  And finally ask to the people at IBM (cos it's the last thing you want to do) if they can help you settle this thing, so it works fine.

hth

Pascal Bellerose
Programmeur-analyste / Software developer
pascal.bellerose@progisys.com

PROGISYS inc.
Téléphone / Telephone :   (418) 871-4880
Télécopieur / Fax :            (418) 871-0486
Site internet / Website :       www.PROGISYS.com
Courriel / E-mail :              progisys@progisys.com

Title: RE: Ready to scrap an AS/400

We have one Domino application which still requires an NT.  CEO keeps
wanting it on the 400 because he is tired of it crashing and loves the 400.

chris.bipes@cross-check.com on 07/22/2000 12:50:01 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet