  • Subject: RE: J. D. Edwards Article that I felt was pertinent
  • From: Wynn Osborne <wynn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:57:07 -0400

Whatever.

All I know is the product (OneWorld) leaves MUCH TO BE DESIRED.

I claim no prior experience with so-called "client-server" technology, but
I must say this: If OneWorld is representative of where the technology
currently stands, how in God's name did it make it this far?

I ask, is it better to have 2048 characters of "green screen" information
at your disposal, 24 x 7 with 99.5% confidence? Or is it better to have ???
pixels (I've forgotten the number) of information at your disposal, ?? x 7,
??% confidence?

I don't know the answer, but the fact that I'm not so sure means that
client-server hasn't won me over yet.

At 06:46 PM 7/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
> At 10:14 AM 7/19/00 -0600, you wrote:
>
> Richard,
>
> I think the references were limited to the AS/400 as a platform.
>
> Al
>

> Al:
>
> Is it allowed to pick nits with this article?
>

> """"
>

>    I would agree with that but I would invite you to read between the
lines.

> ""
>

> Richard Jackson
> mailto:richardjackson@richardjackson.net
> http://www.richardjacksonltd.com
> Voice: 1 (303) 808-8058
>   1 (303) 663-4325
>>  -----Original Message----- From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
>>[mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Al Barsa, Jr. Sent:
>>Wednesday, July 19, 2000 8:09 AM To: midrange-L@midrange.com Subject: J.
>>D. Edwards Article that I felt was pertinent
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  My apologies if you get this e-mail multiple times, but I think it's
>>important, so I have sent it to midrange-l, as well as bcc:ing several
>>other people to whom I feel it is relevant.
>>
>>  I am not normally in the habit of quoting articles that I get from
>>other sources, but I found this in my e-mail the day before yesterday,
>>and I felt that it was pertinent.
>>
>>  It shows how JDE customers are pushing JDE to extend the life of the
>>World product (which is, as I understand it, completely green screen) as
>>opposed to their One-World product (which as I understand it is totally
GUI).