  • Subject: RE: EBCDIC/ASCII conversions CPYTOIMPF
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:34:22 -0700

There are two possibilities:

1.  You don't have the PTFs that support the stream file code page
paramater.  In that case you need to create a dummy file with the name you
want to use in the IFS directory using CPYTOSTMF with code page *PCASCII or
a text editor on the PC.  As long as the file persists, you only need to do
this once.

2.  You have the PTFs and didn't get to the second screen where you can
specify the stream file code page. If so, the parm is *PCASCII.

I learned this trick from Guy Murphy on this list.  I've poked around in the
documentation, and haven't found any reference to it yet.  It's probably in
an appendix to a seemingly unrelated manual that's moved to InfoCenter. <g>