  • Subject: Re: Net.Data
  • From: "Robert E. Burger" <rburger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:55:50 -0500

Chris,

Net.Data can access any database file that the QTMHHTP1 user profile has
authority to.  However, there are several factors to consider.  Though it
is generally not a good idea to allow QTMHHTP1 to have access to production
data files I don't see that there is much choice in a real world
application.  If you are doing anything but SQL SELECT's, the affected
file(s) must be journaled.  Net.Data will locate the objects to use based
on the library list of QTMHHTP1 or you can explicitly qualify the database
object in the macro -- that is what I do.  I have begun to use Net.Data
fairly extensively but not for ecommerce since there is no application for
ecommerce in our industry at this point.  I know that's not a detailed
answer but maybe it will help you out a bit.  If you haven't found it,
http://www.ignite400.org has some good samples and a Net.Data forum that
I've found helpful.  IBM also has a Net.Data site and forum as I'm sure you
are aware.

Good luck,

Robert E. Burger
Information Systems Coordinator