  • Subject: RE: IBM advertising on a Money Losing Product
  • From: "Art Tostaine, Jr." <Art@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:32:07 -0400

Hey.  This could be the Al Barsa impersonator.  I recall Al saying quite often
that he would never
buy stock in IBM until they spun off the AS/400 division.

See Al's note from the midrange archive--

>It's incredible how IBM works hard to retain fatheads, and then incents smart
>people like Jim
Sloan,
>Wayne Evans, Janet Krueger and David Money to leave.  Keep up the good work
>IBM, this is why I own
your
>competitor's stock.  If you do own IBM stock, when Lou quits, sell your stock,
>and sell it short -
as
>there will be nothing left of what used to be a wonderful corporation

Art "Another Jr. expert in the As/400 field" Tostaine, Jr.
CCA, Inc.
Jackson, NJ 08527