Chuck,

Here's a command I use to move all spool files from one output queue to
another.  It can be easily adapted to move specific spool files.

MovOutq Command:

Cmd           Prompt('Move Output Queue')

   Parm       Kwd(FromQueue  )                        +
              Type(Qual1     )                        +
              Min(1          )                        +
              Prompt('From Output Queue')

   Parm       Kwd(ToQueue    )                        +
              Type(Qual2     )                        +
              Min(1          )                        +
              Prompt('To Output Queue')

Qual1:                                                +
                                                      +
   Qual       Type(*Name     )                        +

   Qual       Type(*Name     )                        +
              Dft(*Libl      )                        +
              SpcVal((*LIBL ))                        +
              Expr(*Yes      )                        +
              Prompt('Library')

Qual2:                                                +
                                                      +
   Qual       Type(*Name     )                        +

   Qual       Type(*Name     )                        +
              Expr(*Yes      )                        +
              Prompt('Library')

MovOutq Program:

Pgm           Parm(&FromQueue                         +
                   &ToQueue  )

/********************************************************************/
/* File and variable declares.                                      */
/********************************************************************/

  DclF       File(MovOutQPF )

  Dcl        Var(&FromQueue )                        +
             TYPE(*Char     )                        +
             LEN(20         )
  Dcl        Var(&ToQueue   )                        +
             Type(*Char     )                        +
             Len(20         )
  Dcl        Var(&FromQueNam)                        +
             TYPE(*Char     )                        +
             LEN(10         )
  Dcl        Var(&FromLib   )                        +
             Type(*Char     )                        +
             Len(10         )
  Dcl        Var(&ToQueNam  )                        +
             TYPE(*Char     )                        +
             LEN(10         )
  Dcl        Var(&ToLib     )                        +
             Type(*Char     )                        +
             Len(10         )

/********************************************************************/
/* Break out queue information.                                     */
/********************************************************************/

   ChgVar     Var(&FromQueNam)                        +
              Value(%sst(&FromQueue  1 10))
   ChgVar     Var(&FromLib   )                        +
              Value(%sst(&FromQueue 11 10))
   ChgVar     Var(&ToQueNam  )                        +
              Value(%sst(&ToQueue  1 10))
   ChgVar     Var(&ToLib     )                        +
              Value(%sst(&ToQueue 11 10))

/********************************************************************/
/* Get spool information.                                           */
/********************************************************************/

   CrtPF      File(Qtemp/Temp)                        +
              RcdLen(132     )
   MonMsg     MsgID(cpf7302  )                        +
              Exec(ClrPFM                             +
              File(QTemp/Temp))

   CrtOutQ    OutQ(&ToLib/&ToQueNam)
   MonMsg     MsgID(cpf3353  )

   WrkOutQ    OutQ(&FromLib/&FromQueNam)              +
              OutPut(*Print  )
   MonMsg     MsgID(cpf3357  )                        +
              Exec(Do        )

      SndPgmMsg  MsgId(cpf9898  )                     +
                 MsgF(QcpfMsg   )                     +
                 MsgDta('Output queue' *bcat &FromQueNam +
                         *bcat 'in library' *bcat     +
                         &FromLib *bcat 'does not exis+
                         t')                          +
                 MsgType(*Comp  )
      GoTo       CmdLbl(EndPgm  )

   EndDo

   CpySplF    File(QPrtSplQ  )                        +
              ToFile(QTemp/Temp)                      +
              SplNbr(*Last   )
   CpyF       FromFile(Qtemp/Temp)                    +
              ToFile(MovOutQPF)                       +
              MbrOpt(*Replace)                        +
              IncChar(*Fld 102 *eq /)                 +
              FmtOpt(*NoChk  )

/******************************************************
/* Move files to specified output queue.
/******************************************************

RcvF:

   RcvF
   MonMsg     MsgID(cpf0864  )                        +
              Exec(GoTo                               +
              CmdLbl(EndPgm ))

   ChgSplFA   File(&FileName )                        +
              Job(&JobNum/&User/&JobName)             +
              SplNbr(&FileNum)                        +
              OutQ(&ToLib/&ToQueNam)
   GoTo       CmdLbl(RcvF    )

 EndPgm:

    DltSplF    File(QPrtSplQ  )                        +
               SplNbr(*Last   )
    MonMsg     MsgId(cpf9999  )

 EndPgm

MovOutPF DDS:

A          R QPRTSPLQ

A            FILLER1        1A         COLHDG('FILL1')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

A            FILENAME      10A         COLHDG('SPLFILE')
A                                      TEXT('SpoolFile Name')

A            FILLER2        1A         COLHDG('FILL2')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

A            USER          10A         COLHDG('USER')
A                                      TEXT('User of Job')

A            FILLER3       13A         COLHDG('FILL3')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

A            STATUS         4A         COLHDG('STS')
A                                      TEXT('SpoolFile Status')

A            FILLER4       33A         COLHDG('FILL4')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

A            FILENUM        4S         COLHDG('FILE #')
A                                      TEXT('SpoolFile Number')

A            FILLER5        5A         COLHDG('FILL5')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

A            JOBNAME       10A         COLHDG('JOBNM')
A                                      TEXT('Job Name')

A            FILLER6        1A         COLHDG('FILL6')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

A            JOBNUM         6A         COLHDG('JOB #')
A                                      TEXT('Job Number')
A            FILLER7        1A         COLHDG('FILL7')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

A            DATE           8A         COLHDG('DATE')
A                                      TEXT('Job Date')

A            FILLER8       25A         COLHDG('FILL8')
A                                      TEXT('Filler Info')

HTH,

Todd Kidwell (Netstar)
AS/400 System Administrator
(313) 224-0578

>>> Chuck Lewis <clewis@iquest.net> 07/10/00 09:57AM >>>
Hi All,

Is there an API or something that lets you MOVE a spool file to another
outq via a program ? There MUST be since a 2 next to a Spool File lets
you key in an outq name. I THOUGHT I had done this YEARS ago but cannot
find any example of it now...

TIA !

Chuck