  • Subject: DDS Support
  • From: Jon.Paris@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:45:24 -0400

 >> The key thing is that with a little extra smarts in SEU there could be
some mechanism for prompting for prototyped calls/procedures. Don't knock
it until you try it

Eric I've quoted your note but this is not aimed at you specifically.

Does anybody actually _read_ what I write or am I that obscure?

I _fully_ appreciate the benefits of prompting for functions.  It is (as I
have noted before) one of the things I love about VAJava.

The point I have been trying to make is that if anyone wants this in SEU it
is time to stop whining and start coding!!  IBM have made it abundantly
clear that SEU is DEAD.  They are not developing it any further.

People you need to GET OVER IT (and yes I am shouting).  There - I feel
better now!

I _am_ looking at coding some stuff for Code/400 in Java based on Phil
Coulthard's original Cde/400 lpexlet for generating Subprocedures.  I have
do not use SEU unless forced to (and haven't done for over two years) so I
won't be doing anything for SEU but will happily co-operate with anyone who
wants to do that. Before I start coding though I need to determine how
Prototypes should be internally documented - if anyone has any samples of
how they do their own, or thoughts on how an RPGdoc type comment setup
would look, I'd love to hear it.  E-mail please - not on the list.